Unplug from social media
Fun fact, it is 23:58h when I write this blogpost. Am I the best person to tell you about how to unplug from social media? It is becoming my job to be on here and I am hoping to make the switch full time in 2023. Maybe it makes me an expert, maybe not.
I just came back from a social media break, and I must say, it did me a world of good.
Don’t get me wrong, I adore social media, I am online most of my day, but sometimes it’s just too overwhelming.
We all get discouraged seeing engagement dropping, getting FOMO, having constant impulses. Always another ping trying to get your attention towards one of the platforms.
We need to unplug sometimes, and that is ok.
How to go about it? Some tips:
- Turn off notifications, it is a constant trigger
- Your accounts will not suffer from a week off, just do it
- Unfollow people who do not spark joy
- Don’t want to unfollow? You can mute them, did you know?
- Pick up a book, and put your phone in another room
- Have a posting schedule and an engagement hour
- Take a weekend break
- If you decide to take a break, make sure to log out, that way you will not get any notification
Just do it, give yourself a break. You will be so happy you did!
Do you take social breaks?
Let me know in the comments!