It should not come as a surprise that I adore the Hygge lifestyle.
I was made for cozy moments and now I want to show you how you can create that Hygge life for your own.
- a quality of cosiness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being (regarded as a defining characteristic of Danish culture).
“why not follow the Danish example and bring more hygge into your daily life?”
So, now you know what it is, let’s make a short list of things you can do yourself:
- Treat yourself, have that piece of chocolate, that croissant and enjoy it! No guilt!
- Light a bunch of candles or dim the lights.
- Turn on the campfire on Netflix or light a real one if you have it
- But cozy blankets
- Enjoy the little pleasures, be in the moment
- Listen to calming music ( Playlists – essyspictures find one here)
- Read a new book
- Start a gratitude journal
- Make a very decadent cup of cacao
These are fairly simple things you can do yourself to make your daily routines feel more wholesome.
Do you have any other ways to implement Hygge into your life?